Monday, June 29, 2009

Princess Baby Shower Invitations


In late August I am expected to become the Great Aunt to my neice Lindsay's baby girl! I volunteered myself with the help of the Nana-to-be (my little sister) to make the invitations for the baby shower that we are having on July 25th. Since we need to get them out really soon, I spent some time getting them ready to go this weekend.


The theme for the shower is Princess. Lindsay has chosen the colors pink and purple as they are based after the bed linens from the Disney Princess line that she will be using for the baby's nursery. My friend Tiffani and I searched the internet and found an adorable clip art that worked perfectly for the front of the card. I was going to use a stamped image, but to color 40 invitations would have taken too much time, so we just decided to print them out instead.


Here is the front of the card that I made for the shower for baby
Ava Rae!

The pink and purple cardstock is from the Paper Company. The DP is from DCWV, Nana'a Nursery baby boy line. We printed the castle out on Georgia Pacific white CS twice. Then we cut one of them out with a Nestability Label shape and then cut out just part of the castle again to add to the base for dimension.
To get the printed words on the cloud, I manually traced the cloud using a graphics program called Inkscape and then converted it to a cutting program so that I could print and cut the clouds out with the words on them. Unfortunately, the first thing (and hopefully the last) that our puppy chewed up in the house was one of the cables to my cutter, so I couldn't cut them out on the machine and ended up having to hand cut all the clouds out after printing them onto paper.
The bottom of the DP was cut with a border punch of Martha Stewarts and a piece of pink organza was added to the card too! The final touch was to add a line of Sakura Gelly Roll to the outlines of the card and the heart on the castle. The final size of the cards are 4.25 x 5.
I love how they came out and am so glad that I got to help make them!




Here is a side view that shows how the clouds and castle stand out for dimension!

If you are interested in getting this clipart, you can find it HERE!


As a reminder, tomorrow is the last day for the sneak peeks at the Whimsie Doodles blog. I will have one more sample to share with you and then on July 1st the new digistamps that have been showcased will be released and ready for purchase! Check out some more of the sneak peeks on the Whimsie Doodles blog. You will be given links to some of the other DT members where you can see more sneaks too!!

Have a great night and I will be back with more tomorrow!! May your bucket overflow with showers of happiness!

1 comment:

Arlana 11426 said...

Oh Kelly these are so sweet. TFS